World Cup 2018: Russia vs. Saudi Arabia schedule, how to watch live

0

Everything you need to know about the World Cup match between Russia vs. Saudi Arabia.

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/news/world-cup-2018-russia-vs-saudi-arabia-schedule-date-time-when-how-to-watch-live-stream-soccer/kmeek5kyjx321v8pwzvyz5ryd under the title “World Cup 2018: Russia vs. Saudi Arabia schedule, how to watch live”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

White House’s Navarro says ‘three strikes you’re out’ for ZTE

0

WASHINGTON – Chinese technology company ZTE Corp will be “shut down” in the United States if it engages in one more bad activity, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro told Fox on Sunday.

ZTE last week agreed to pay a $1 billion fine to the United States and to overhaul its leadership to end a ban that has crippled its key businesses. The ban traces back to a breach of the U.S. embargo on trade with Iran.

Speaking on Fox, Navarro said, “It’s going to be three strikes you’re out on ZTE. If they do one more additional thing, they will be shut down. We have a bad actor in ZTE…President (Donald Trump) did this as a personal favour to the president of China as a way of showing some good-will.”

Written by Prahlad Rijal This news first appeared on https://thehimalayantimes.com/business/white-houses-navarro-says-three-strikes-youre-out-for-zte/ under the title “White House’s Navarro says ‘three strikes you’re out’ for ZTE”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

India strikes river, rice deals with China as relations thaw

0

India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi shakes hands with Chinese President Xi Jinping during the 18th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit in Qingdao, China, June 9, 2018. Photo: Reuters

NEW DELHI: China and India on Saturday settled a dispute over the flood-prone Brahmaputra river that flows from Tibet to Bangladesh in a sign of growing cooperation between them.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chinese President Xi Jinping signed the agreement as they began the two-day Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit.

“Our talks will add further vigour to the India-China friendship,” Modi said on Twitter, as the two countries try to reset troubled ties months after a border standoff.

The SCO, launched in 2001 mainly to combat radical Islam and other security concerns across Central Asia, added traditional rivals India and Pakistan as members last year.

Under two deals signed on the sidelines of the SCO summit on Saturday, China will share hydrological data on the Brahmaputra river and amend certain requirements on Indian exports of rice other than the premium Basmati variety to China, India’s foreign ministry spokesman, Raveesh Kumar, said on Twitter.

India said last year that China had not stuck to an agreement to share hydrological data, or scientific information on the movement, distribution and quality of water for the Brahmaputra river. China had cited “technological” reasons.

New Delhi has also been concerned about the rising trade deficit with China, and has sought greater access to the world’s second-largest economy for products such as rice, rapeseed, soybeans and sugar.

India’s trade gap with China has widened to $51 billion, a nine-fold increase over the past decade.

The rice deal should help India finally crack the market in China, the world’s biggest buyer of the commodity, traders said.

The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation estimates that China will buy 6.4 million tonnes of rice in 2018, while India will export a total of 11.9 million tonnes.

“Despite competitive prices, India was unable to export rice to China due to their phytosanitary norms,” said a New Delhi based dealer with a global trading firm, referring to food standards as well as animal and plant hygiene.

“As the norms are going to change, India can easily export more than 1 million tonnes rice every year to China.”

 

Written by Mausam This news first appeared on https://thehimalayantimes.com/business/india-strikes-river-rice-deals-with-china-as-relations-thaw/ under the title “India strikes river, rice deals with China as relations thaw”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

England aim for World Cup quarter-finals

0
England, Russia, EURO 2016

File: England team group for a photograph prior to their opening game aginst Russia in Euro 2016, at Stade Vélodrome, Marseille, France on Saturday, June 11, 2016. Photo: Reuters

LONDON: England’s Football Association has set manager Gareth Southgate a target of reaching the World Cup quarter-finals in Russia “as a real sign of progress” even though they have not won a knockout game at the tournament for 12 years.

“What we want is, and I’m not going to give you a stage in the tournament… but, I’m going to give it away slightly, we haven’t won a knockout game since 2006,” the FA’s chief executive Martin Glenn told the Daily Telegraph.

“So, clearly, getting out of the group and winning a knockout game would be a real sign of progress. And if you win one, you win more.”

England are in Group G with much-fancied Belgium, Panama and Tunisia.

The 1966 World Cup winners failed to get out of the group in 2014, when they were defeated by Italy and Uruguay, and lost 4-1 to Germany in the round of 16 in 2010.

They last won a knockout tie in 2006, against Ecuador, when they reached the quarter-finals.

Should England qualify from their group they will face either Poland, Senegal, Colombia or Japan from Group H.

Another win might pit them against either Brazil or the holders Germany in the last eight.

England have impressed in warm-up wins over fellow World Cup teams Nigeria and Costa Rica.

 

Written by Mausam This news first appeared on https://thehimalayantimes.com/sports/england-aim-for-world-cup-quarter-finals/ under the title “England aim for World Cup quarter-finals”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Wait worthwhile as Halep wins French Open

0
  • Halep first Romanian to claim French Open title in 40 years
  • Top seed comes from a set and break down to beat Stephens
  • Halep finally wins first Grand Slam title after three final losses

Romania’s Simona Halep celebrates with the trophy. Photo: Reuters

PARIS: For a while Simona Halep’s third French Open final looked like ending in familiar heartache but the Romanian eventually wore down Sloane Stephens for a 3-6 6-4 6-1 victory and claim her long-awaited first Grand Slam title on Saturday.

US Open champion Stephens out-fought Halep to take the opening set and was a break up in the second but the world number one wound her way back into contention before running away with the deciding set.

When Halep served for the match at 5-1 with chants of “See-Mohh-Nahhh” reverberating around Court Philippe Chatrier, only a sudden attack of nerves could have denied her.

But when Stephens netted a forehand return on Halep’s first match point, the Romanian could finally replace the bitter memories of her first three Grand Slam finals with one she will cherish for the rest of her life.

After consoling Stephens, she climbed into the stands to embrace Romania’s former Olympic gymnastics champion Nadia Comaneci and 1978 Roland Garros winner Virginia Ruzici, the last Romanian to win a Grand Slam title.

There was also a big hug for coach Darren Cahill who was in the losers’ box last year when Halep blew a commanding lead against Jelena Ostapenko in the final.

“Thanks guys it was amazing and I felt your support,” Halep, who lost this year’s Australian Open final to Caroline Wozniakci, said on court. “In the last game I couldn’t breathe, I just didn’t want to repeat what happened the other years.”

Halep’s win was one of the most popular for many years at Roland Garros and at times during the match the support for the 26-year-old was deafening.

That was not the case in the first though as Stephens, the first American not called Williams to reach the French Open final since Jennifer Capriati won in 2001, played flawlessly.

HIGH SHOT-COUNT

With both players boasting rock-solid defence and superb court coverage it was no surprise that the shot-count quickly rose in the baseline exchanges with Halep surviving a 25-stroke exchange to win her opening service game.

Stephens, moving silkily from side-to-side, out-Haleped Halep to move 4-1 in front, however, turning herself into a human backboard in some seemingly endless rallies.

Halep thought she had found a chink in the Stephens armour when the American served at 5-3 30-30 — a huge roar from the crowd erupting as she won a drop shot duel near the net.

But 10th seed Stephens, cool as a cucumber, won the next three points to move ahead.

It looked bleak for Halep when she trailed 2-0 in the second set but the effects of Stephens’ efforts suddenly caught up with her as the American began to wilt and Halep grabbed the momentum with nine consecutive points on the way to a 4-2 lead.

Halep then lost serve to love and when Stephens dragged it back to 4-4, it seemed Halep’s revival might be over.

A crunching Halep backhand at 30-30 in the ninth game proved too much for Stephens as Halep crucially held and in the next game Stephens put a weary backhand wide to lose the set.

Halep turned the screws in the decider to grab a break and then another to lead 4-0 — another explosion of noise greeting a sensational point in which Halep chased a drop shot down and was then equal to Stephens’ attempted lob with a backhand smash.

One can only imagine what was going through Halep’s mind serving at 5-1 but an ace steadied her nerves before she claimed her first Grand Slam at the 32nd attempt.

“Congratulations to Simona. There is no-one else I’d rather lose to than the number one in the world,” a gracious Stephens, who will rise to four in the rankings, said.

 

Written by Mausam This news first appeared on https://thehimalayantimes.com/sports/wait-worthwhile-as-halep-wins-french-open/ under the title “Wait worthwhile as Halep wins French Open”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Rafael Nadal v Dominic Thiem: French Open 2018 men’s final – live!

0

It’s not long before Nadal has two set points. He bounces the ball. He misses a first serve. The second’s in and he just has to wait for Thiem to loop a backhand wide.

Second set: Nadal 6-4, 5-3 Thiem* (*denotes server): Thiem holds to 30. Nadal will serve for the set.

Continue reading…
Written by Jacob Steinberg This news first appeared on https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2018/jun/10/rafael-nadal-v-dominic-thiem-french-open-2018-mens-final-live under the title “
Rafael Nadal v Dominic Thiem: French Open 2018 men’s final – live!
“. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Seahawks’ Earl Thomas holding out of mandatory minicamp

0

The free safety is entering the final year of the four-year contract extension worth $40 million.

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/seahawks-earl-thomas-holding-out-mandatory-minicamp-contract-dispute-nfl-news/1nkv3abcktam21m1n9n5t1xda2 under the title “
Seahawks’ Earl Thomas holding out of mandatory minicamp
“. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

French Open 2018 men’s final: Rafael Nadal vs. Dominic Thiem live updates, scores, highlights

0

Nadal and Thiem square off for one of the richest prizes in tennis at 9 a.m. ET.

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/tennis/news/french-open-2018-live-scores-updates-mens-final-winner-nadal-vs-thiem-tennis-stream/rl5c7xlivwlt1q8bnqu6dpd6q under the title “
French Open 2018 men’s final: Rafael Nadal vs. Dominic Thiem live updates, scores, highlights
“. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

WATCH: F1 cars not made for NBA stars, as Serge Ibaka finds out

0

Serge Ibaka visited McLaren at the Canadian Grand Prix, but unlike in the NBA, his frame proved a disadvantage as he tried to get in a car.

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/serge-ibaka-f1-formula-one-car-mclaren-nba-toronto-raptors-video-watch/1dsebsyvzy2qu1qhtzb70kvdpk under the title “WATCH: F1 cars not made for NBA stars, as Serge Ibaka finds out”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Dak Prescott likes energy in Cowboys’ locker room

0

Despite the loss of veterans Jason Witten and Dez Bryant, Prescott says “there’s definitely still some big voices in that locker room.”

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/cowboys-dak-prescott-workouts-otas-minicamp-energy-locker-room-nfl-news/12nndx3sr8yx5ze9mxb2p9b8h under the title “
Dak Prescott likes energy in Cowboys’ locker room
“. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.