NBA Draft 2018: Hawks, Kings unlikely to pick Luka Doncic, report says

0

The 19-year-old guard recently won the Euroleague MVP.

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-draft-2018-atlanta-hawks-sacramento-kings-unlikely-to-draft-luka-doncic/iaav5cqptegt16ynfd5kac4qe under the title “NBA Draft 2018: Hawks, Kings unlikely to pick Luka Doncic, report says”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

MLB wrap: Braves rally for 6 runs in the 9th to defeat Marlins

0

Dansby Swanson delivered a two-run, walk-off single Sunday to complete Atlanta’s comeback.

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/mlb-wrap-sunday-scores-highlights-atlanta-braves-rally-six-ninth-inning-defeat-miami-marlins-video/1nlcskjrlnydx10v7bq9tmad9c under the title “MLB wrap: Braves rally for 6 runs in the 9th to defeat Marlins”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Stunned hockey world reacts to Golden Knights reaching Stanley Cup Final

0

The expansion Vegas Golden Knights have reached the Stanley Cup Final, continuing to exceed expectations — and defy all logic. Social media reacted accordingly.

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/nhl-playoffs-2018-vegas-golden-knights-stanley-cup-run-twitter-reaction-odds-video-predictions/1ng6ctx18t3pk1gqquk2lp6r88 under the title “Stunned hockey world reacts to Golden Knights reaching Stanley Cup Final”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Punishment for cocaine use while taking part in sport does not fit the crime | Sean Ingle

0
No one disputes the drug should be on the banned list but the current rules have many in anti-doping circles shaking their heads

Warrior by name, warrior by nature but three weeks before the World Cup Peru’s all-time top scorer, Paolo Guerrero, is facing a battle he not only cannot win but arguably should not be fighting at all.

Until last week the 34-year-old thought he was off to Russia for his career swansong. Instead he is off to Switzerland to beg the Fifa president, Gianni Infantino, for a reprieve after the court of arbitration for sport extended his ban for testing positive for cocaine from six to 14 months.

Continue reading…
Written by Sean Ingle This news first appeared on https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/20/punishment-for-cocaine-use-does-not-fit-crime under the title “Punishment for cocaine use while taking part in sport does not fit the crime | Sean Ingle”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Rafael Nadal beats Alexander Zverev to win Italian Open – as it happened

0
  • Spaniard roars back after rain delay to claim his eighth title in Rome

Rafa flashes his language skills, giving some of his interview in Italian. Luckily Twitter is on hand to translate for me. “My first victory here in 2005 was one of the most beautiful victories of my career,” he tells the crowd. “To have this trophy again with me after so many years is really very special.” Amazingle for a man who has been so dominant on clay, this is his first Italian Open title since 2013 (up until then he had won it seven times in nine attempts).

Zverev is gracious – and accurate – in his post-match comments: “You’re the greatest clay court player of all time and I think everybody saw that today,” he tells Nadal.

Continue reading…
Written by Tom Lutz This news first appeared on https://www.theguardian.com/sport/live/2018/may/20/rafael-nadal-alexander-zverev-italian-open-mens-final-live-score under the title “Rafael Nadal beats Alexander Zverev to win Italian Open – as it happened”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Simon Yates increases Giro d’Italia lead with stunning stage 15 victory

0
• Yates takes his third stage win of 2018 Giro after solo attack
• British rider has lead of 2min 11sec over Tom Dumoulin

Two days before the time trial which could prove a decisive moment in the 101st Giro d’Italia, Simon Yates took his third stage victory of at the Sappada ski resort on Sunday , extending his overall lead over the defending champion Tom Dumoulin beyond the two-minute barrier. It was a massive step towards what could be a first British win in the Giro, while the race favourite Chris Froome flopped badly following his stage victory on Saturday, with the overall win slipping further out of reach.

With two short sharp climbs in the final kilometres and a further ascent to the finish, this stage finish favoured Yates’s punchy, attacking style more than the relentlessly steep slopes of Saturday’s finish on Monte Zoncolan. He made two incisive attacks in rapid succession at the foot of the penultimate ascent, Costalissoio; the first pulled an elite group of half a dozen clear of the remnants of the lead peloton, while the second took him clear for good.

Continue reading…
Written by William Fotheringham This news first appeared on https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/20/simon-yates-giro-d-italia-stage-15-cycling under the title “Simon Yates increases Giro d’Italia lead with stunning stage 15 victory”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

England’s Kyle Sinckler: ‘I don’t want to lose the fire in my belly’

0

Prop heads for South Africa knowing a troubled reputation follows him but insists he must keep ‘that extra juice I need to play at the top level’

Whenever Eddie Jones is asked about England’s strength in depth he has only to count to three before expressing his concerns. Tighthead prop has always been the position he feels is most problematic and when England board the plane to South Africa at the start of next month, nowhere will the inexperience of the squad be more keenly felt. Indeed, with Dan Cole given the summer off, there are only three combined starts between those who make the trip.

The incumbent is Kyle Sinckler and, despite a turbulent season with Harlequins, he would seem to have his nose in front to start against the Springboks. Harry Williams is in fine form for Exeter but last week Sinckler was in Brighton with England and will on Monday be part of the squad preparing to face the Barbarians on Sunday.

Continue reading…
Written by Gerard Meagher This news first appeared on https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/20/england-kyle-sinckler-south-africa-tour-fire-in-my-belly-rugby-union under the title “England’s Kyle Sinckler: ‘I don’t want to lose the fire in my belly’”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Curbing FOBTs is a big win – now bookies’ racing bet practices must go | Greg Wood

0
After bookmakers lost their ignominious battle against shop roulette stakes being cut to £2, bookies’ licences should enforce minimum bet guarantees on racing and other sports

After a 15-year campaign the announcement on Thursday that the maximum stake on Fixed Odds Betting Terminals will be cut to £2 felt like the final stop on a very long journey. While there is still an outside chance the decision will be challenged, the blunt language of Matt Hancock, the digital, culture, media and sport secretary, calling the machines a “social blight” and talking about the “misery” FOBTs have caused, suggests the bookies’ battle has been utterly lost. Any recourse to the courts would simply delay the inevitable.

Some bookmakers, in fact, have already started to plan for a FOBT-free future – or a roulette-free future, at any rate, since that is the game that should never have been let loose at £100 a spin in the first place.

Continue reading…
Written by Greg Wood This news first appeared on https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/may/20/fobt-betting-shops-bookmakers-minimum-bet-guarantees-racing under the title “Curbing FOBTs is a big win – now bookies’ racing bet practices must go | Greg Wood”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

‘He made a mistake!’ – Rivaldo claims Neymar will not win Ballon d’Or at PSG

0

Despite an impressive first season with the Ligue 1 champions, the Brazil star has been criticised by his compatriot for leaving Barcelona

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/news/he-made-a-mistake—rivaldo-claims-neymar-will-not-win-ballon-dor-at-psg/nt0vl280ms4a1363a5rtpvsd6 under the title “
‘He made a mistake!’ – Rivaldo claims Neymar will not win Ballon d’Or at PSG
“. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.

Gallito Vazquez will have hands full in Liga MX final

0

The midfielder has been key to Santos’ turnaround and will need to influence Sunday’s match if Los Guerreros are going to lift the trophy

Written by This news first appeared on http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/news/gallito-vazquez-will-have-hands-full-in-liga-mx-final/1d99nd1f7461d1crni86tpclos under the title “Gallito Vazquez will have hands full in Liga MX final”. Bolchha Nepal is not responsible or affiliated towards the opinion expressed in this news article.